Nails of the day #16 - Chanel Le Vernis in Distraction #549

| 1 comment


The long awaited Roses Ultimes de Chanel collection finally launched in London.  Out of the four nail polishes, I picked up Distraction and Frisson (which will be reviewed later this week).  I skipped Attraction (silver white) and Tentation (magenta) because these kind of colours don't look good against my skin.  Not being a fan of lip gloss, I skipped all the glossimers.

(image from Chanel.com)
Distraction, a vibrant pinkish coral, was the colour I was anticipating most.  It is a cream colour with the tiniest bit of shimmer (which, to my eye, does not seem to show when applied).


The photo below shows the phantom shimmer that isn't apparent once applied.



I was worried Distraction would be too similar to Riviera, since they are both corals.  When compared next to eachother they are actually very different.  It is not obvious in the photo above (taken on my DSLR) but the difference shows in my iPad photo below.  Riviera is more of an ice cream pastel coral, and Distraction is a bright coral leaning more to the pink side.


Distraction applies smoothly and two coats will give a very even finish.  I highly recommend this shade for a pop of summer colour.


One Comment

  1. Distraction is such an amazing shade!! Stunning!

    Sharleena xx
    markedbeautyblog.blogspot.com

Leave a Reply

Comments on A LIPSTICK A DAY are moderated. Your comment will appear once it has been approved. Comments advertising blog or website links will be deleted.
To receive comment notifications for this post, click the "subscribe by email" link below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...